Disable Sleep Mode for Ethernet Ports
How to prevent the Network Adapter from going to sleep.
You can find more directions with pictures from this sharepoint link:
- Click Start (or press the Windows key) and type in “Device Manager” and click on that
- In Device Manager, click the down arrow on “Network Adapters”. You might see more or less than what is shown, the amount you see doesn’t matter.
- One-by-one, right click each of them and select properties.
- In Properties, select the “Power Management” tab, and make sure the checkboxes are all UNCHECKED and click “OK”.
- Not all of the devices in “Network Adapters” will have the power management tab. If it doesn’t, that’s fine, just ignore that device.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!